Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day Of School

I can't believe they are all in school. It seems like only yesterday they were babies. I didn't cry too much. I held it together. Joey-Kinder He did great! He has been asking for a week now to go to school. He knew actually where is classroom was. He even remembered that it was room 2. He looked up at the door and held up two fingers and walked on in. I am so glad that he is anxious to learn and have fun. Josh-First We made sure he knew where Joey's class was because he is the big brother. Then we walked to his class. We stopped to say hello to someone, but he kept on walking and by the time we got to the class he had already put up his backpack and sat down to color his first first grade paper. Such a big boy. Emily-Third She is growing so fast. She is such a big girl when we got to the school to wait in line to get name tags. She said mommy do I have to wait. We said no and a big kiss was given and off she went. She has the same teacher as last year ans she is very happy about that. Cayla-Freshman I can't believe I have High Schooler. I am old. She had her hair highlighted yesterday. She looked so grown up. She did a great job getting up and getting herself dressed and all her stuff ready to go. We waited for her friends to call and say that they were on their way to school and off we went. You know you can't go to school by yourself. That would not be cool. My baby is now a young lady.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

I am so glad they all had a great day. What are you going to be doing all day now that they are gone? :-)

Chera said...

Party time!! ;o)

Emily said...

They look so big - I am going to miss seeing them this year! It's wierd not bringing Addison over to you while I go to work. We miss you guys!

Tamra said...

Uh...isn't Em in FOURTH grade this year?! :)

They are all growing up, it's true. But that doesn't make you old. Imagine how old I'll feel when my first gets to high school. I'll probably be in my 70's by then! Ha!